The founder and director of ACCVAT TAX CONSULTANCY is Sanjay Khetrapal who qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1987 and since then he has been involved in various finance roles in the Middle East.
He started his career with the BIG FOUR (E&Y) and in the past 20 years, he has been heading the finance function for Smith Intl/Schlumberger which included the Middle East, Africa and the Caspian geographies.
With the varied experience and realizing that financial roles have evolved and now competent finance personnel need to work together with businesses whether they are Start-ups, SMEs, Medium-sized businesses or Multi-nationals and be at the forefront of every strategic decision made, Sanjay Khetrapal has started the firm to cater to the growth being witnessed in the ME region.
The firm has tie ups with leading professionals in the field to ensure that the clients are provided with the best and expert guidance to meet their diverse needs.
- Created local and global efficient tax structures to ensure compliance with direct and indirect taxes in different geographies. Very conversant with VAT regimes in different countries
- Setup a global product sales entity from start that included demand planning, tendering, supply chain, finance & accounting, logistics, ERP framework and personnel to ensure an efficient and fully compliant successful business
- Set up a Dubai Finance Hub catering to a group of legal entities spread across the Eastern Hemisphere that was recognized as a “Center of Excellence” and a model for new setups by company management
- Successfully integrated various acquired businesses in the Middle East and Caspian
- Created various management reporting systems to meet business needs. Streamlined and set up preventive and detective controls for remote offices and carried out internal audits to ensure effectiveness and compliance with laid down procedures and processes
- Set-up various legal entities and business structures to meet local regulations in different geographies
- Part of due diligence of many acquisitions and integration of various acquired businesses
- Successfully transitioned the existing IT software to an Oracle ERP working with the IT team that was recognized as a benchmark for further roll outs
- Using the extensive experience and knowledge of logistics and movement of goods, rolled out an end to end inventory movement ERP creating visibility and cut down on costs and delivery timings